Let’s not mess about or waste words here. Wayne Rooney is simply the number one player to own ahead of GW1.
- A very nice opening fixture at home to Swansea
- Great opening 6GW fixtures
- The Louis Van Gaal factor – all signs suggest the “Dutch Master” has revitalised this United side
- 40% ownership – this is huge for GW1; if you don’t own him he’s going to hurt you.
- No doubt the popular Captain Pick
What can go wrong? Nothing really. Of course, he could miss a penalty or something but this won’t hurt your overall rank as practically every other serious FPL manager will have him in their team too.
Opting against Wayne Rooney for the purposes of a differential is not an option. If you want to do something different for GW1 pick Daniel Sturridge as well and give him your captain’s armband against Southampton instead of Rooney..
We’re going to be revealing the rest of the Nailed On players in our team through the week building up to the deadline. The remaining picks aren’t quite so straightforward. Hope you can join us. It’s getting close.